Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Van Harte Gefeliciteerd Raul!




Well, it's been awhile since my last post, but I can assure you that a lot has happened! School is kickin my butt, and the language barrier isn't getting broken down quiet yet, but I'm working hard and things are good. :)

I met Raul on the train coming back from Antwerp on Sunday. He is from Barcelona and also just moved to Rotterdam only a few weeks ago, so naturally as outsiders we have bonded together and will help each other figure out this new culture. It was Raul's birthday tonight so he brought over a great meal of spanish "homelettes" and salad, and we finished it off with a Dutch birthday cake I got him from the nearby "bakker." Good times! It's really fun having so many different cultures represented in one place... I love learning about all the differences.... and getting to eat cake.....

No comments:

Post a Comment