Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fietsen op Zaterdag






So today I got my first bike here in the Netherlands! She's a beaut! We bought it from a bike shop from this little old man who speaks to us in Dutch but pretends he is somehow speaking English (so conversations are really fun...). So my mom rents a bike and the two of us get about halfway back to the hotel when my mom convinces me that my back tire is way too flat and that I'll break my tube if I don't go back and put air in it... so we go all the way back. After that is done, and somehow, in the same exact spot we had turned around in the first time, I run over a piece of a woman's high heel that fell out and had a nail at one end and I get a flat! We pushed our bikes all the way back to the little old man who tells us that the guy who can fix it won't be in till tomorrow. Luckily he let me rent a bike from them free of charge and my mom and I rode off to see the Woody Allen film "Vicky Cristian Barcelona" at the outdoor free movie. Am looking forward to having my bike back in my hands in the morning and will forever be paranoid about riding over anything with the potential to pierce through rubber...

No, my bike is not the cool one with all those seats. I would love to see that thing in action though!

The bottom pic is from inside this building which has about 15 restaurants and some art galleries in it. Had a goat cheese salad there that I will never forget! How are people not fat here?

No comments:

Post a Comment