Saturday, August 22, 2009

Friday, August 21st









Today I signed a lease for an apartment!
It's a one bedroom with a small bedroom and pretty large living room. It has a little balcony, a shower room and a toilet room (which is just about the size of the toilet), a small washing machine (no dryer), a really cute little refrigerator, and a stovetop but no oven. Many of the apartments here come furnished which makes moving much easier! We looked at one place that had the most terrible furniture and decorations I've ever seen! Should have snapped a photo of that :) It was hideous.



My furniture is very simple. I'm just hoping that I'm allowed to hang stuff on the walls without getting in trouble.


I rented a bike today and it was one of the most fun things I've done since I was a kid! Everything is so small and cute here and the park I rode to was just absolutely adorable.. everything made me laugh :)

Bought a dutch-english dictionary today, and rode my bike to watch one of the nightly free movies outdoors here. It was an Italian mob movie (in Italian) with Dutch sub-titles, but there was live music before the show, tons of people, and beer! I'd say almost 300 people showed up.

I'm loving it here and am looking forward to more exploring! I'll get more photos of the city today. The weather has been great, but cooler than the states (which I'm sure you are all super jealous of right now!). Today was a high of 70, and it got down in the 50s when the sun went down, which happens a bit past 9:30 here. We might take a small trip next week to another country before school starts. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment